My need to create the LIGHT DECK comes from growing up and always having difficulties learning at school. it’s not that I didn’t like school, however, I suffered from mild Dyslexia and my teachers would often say on my report cards things like,
- Seems to “Zone out” or daydream often; gets lost easily or loses track of time.
- Difficulty sustaining attention; seems “hyper” or “daydreamer.”
- Learns best through hands-on experience, demonstrations, experimentation, observation, and visual aids.
After my experience teaching at Etic some years ago and my current regular teaching position at IPCI, I noticed some of my students responded better to me drawing out light setups on the whiteboard in class. If you learn better using visual aids, this is the product for you. Learn photography lighting from basic to pro, either on location bending natural light or complex five light techniques in the studio to help take your photographs to the next level. This collection of images delivers a fresh and easy way to learn photography thanks to the lighting diagrams along with photo lighting tips on every card.
Printed on thick card stock and photography paper with high-end UV coatings, each photograph has been carefully reproduced at the highest image quality. Each card contains an image with tips and lighting diagrams on the back revealing the recipe of how each image was taken.
No more sifting through hundreds of pages of text to learn inventive, professional lighting setups. It’s all right here in a simple format aimed specifically at how to learn to light for photography. Produced in an easy-access baseball card-like jumbo format this is slightly larger than a pocket-friendly collection of 52 per pack, over 130 per DECK.
The Light DECK is a comprehensive location & studio lighting guide.
With over 130 light set-ups. lighting education & theory ( almost ) in your pocket. Photographers will be able to expand their lighting knowledge, gain inspiration and explore a new world of photo-shoot themes and ideas.
This guide was created with one idea in mind – to help photographers become more confident with lighting! Think of this as your Lightning playbook. Study it, memorize it, understand it and draw inspiration whenever you are planning a new project or get stuck on something you are currently working on.
In THE LIGHT DECK, I am going to share some of my favorite setups that work well for fashion, beauty, portrait, commercial, advertising, headshots, products, and even bridal shoots! This is the first time I’m sharing all of my lighting setups in such detail. I can’t wait to see how you utilize them to expand and elevate your photographic work to the next level but above all else! I want to help you understand the fundamentals of light and really up your game!
USE IT TO:
- Learn more about João Carlos lighting style, methods & his most used photo equipment.
- Study & try out new lighting setups (with the 52 lighting diagrams per deck & each individual Lighting recipe).
- Understand more about the theory of lighting ( types of light & accessories).
- Gain confidence in the studio environment and take control of the sunlight.
- Help you understand what equipment to purchase or rent.
- Find inspiration & new ideas.
- Get access to my online Facebook group BEAUTY IS IN THE LIGHT and ask questions!
- exclusive Whatsapp Group
- Light Recipe Guide (52 Per PACK)
- Over 130 lighting diagrams in a full deck.
- Topics and the training concepts for maximum effectiveness
- The Concepts are explained with Beautiful Examples
Covers a Wide Range of Topics From Beginner to Intermediate Levels of Photography
- Move from the key lesson- to the key lesson- quickly and easily
- Pick and Choose Your Lessons at Will
- It’s Like having a Photographic Mentor at Your Side (while you’re out shooting)
- Not 1 – Not 10 – Not even 20 – But 100 Fantastic and Practical Light Deck ” Lessons that will Kick Your Photographic Training into High Gear- Why? Because you will have them with YOU when you need them the most- when you’re actually out shooting pictures!
- These carefully crafted, written, and illustrated cards will teach you all the intricate aspects of Lighting Photography (those aspects that are so difficult to grasp). Rembrandt? No problem! Loop? No problem! Clam Shell? No problem!
- And the Lessons go on and on!
- Here’s why the Light Deck system will work wonders for you:
- Completely Portable Training, so you can Study When and Where (Anywhere) that You Have Time
- Easy to Understand Graphics. Bright, Colorful, and Easily Understood
- HUGE Range of Themes and Lessons – Organized, and Color Coded, for Easy Retrieval
- A professional photographer and educator scrutinized all of the